Self-love is a very powerful tool and one that we should call upon on a daily basis. Even the smallest actions can have the most powerful of impacts on our states of mind and take us from 0 to 100 on the confidence barometer.
Daily self-love is important, and starts with an all-important checklist:
30 Ideas for when you're feeling down.
- 1) Start the day with a positive attitude
- 2) Compliment yourself on something different every morning
- 3) Make your favorite breakfast
- 4) Enjoy the silence
- 5) Perform a random act of kindness for a stranger
- 6) Set yourself a goal for the day
- 7) Go for a walk
- 8) Dance like nobody is watching
- 9) Meditate for 15 minutes
- 10) Squeeze in a workout
- 11) Drink lots of water
- 12) Do some quick housework
- 13) Make an entry in your gratitude journal
- 14) Forgive yourself for yesterday's mistakes
- 15) Celebrate your achievements
- 16) Challenge negative thoughts
- 17) Make a pledge not to complain
- 18) Start reading a new book
- 19) Do some adult coloring
- 20) Give yourself a sweet treat
- 21) Take a break from social media
- 22) Watch an episode from your favorite series that makes you laugh
- 23) Practice saying 'no'
- 24) Listen to your favorite playlist
- 25) Call a friend you've been meaning to catch up with
- 26) Take a bath
- 27) Moisturize
- 28) Light a few candles
- 29) Get a good night's sleep
- 30) End your day by choosing your personal highlight of what you enjoyed most.
Editor's opinion - Little things make a big difference
You don't need to spend fortunes on expensive clothes or fancy trips to feel better. At times, even the simplest of actions are enough to get us smiling once again. Having coping techniques including a self-love checklist are essential in preserving our mental health, and the good news is, everyone can make one, regardless of their age, status, background, or gender.
🤗 Understand yourself, accept yourself, be happy... Let’s do it here and now!
Be sure to check out these articles too;